Wednesday 17 June 2015

3 Life Lessons To Help You Achieve Your Goals


1. Time management

I think time management is something that no one's perfect at - I'm certainly far from the best at managing my time, but going to university did help me a lot. I learned that time is valuable and that I don't really gain anything by being disorganised. I find that if you don't manage your time, you don't get anything done and you're just going to end up getting stressed out. University is all about learning how to juggle work and life outside of work. It took me a while to learn that there is more than enough time to juggle both effectively. There's no point in freaking out about how much you have to do - the best thing to do is to just calmly get on with one of your tasks, then at least you're getting something done. You can get so much done once you appreciate how valuable time is.

2. 'Me' time

The main reason for me going to university was to further my career as an artist. Of course I wanted to learn from professionals and enjoy the whole experience, but ultimately I was there for my own benefit. I think it's important to focus on yourself every now and then. You have to stand on your own two feet to make your way in this world. You have a life and it's up to you how it plays out. If you always give in to other people, you're not going to be able to achieve what you want to achieve. It's important to have some 'me' time once in a while. Set aside some time to reflect on what you want and how you're going to go about realising that.

3. Sticking with it

University is a big commitment. It costs a ton of money and can take up several years of your life. One of the most important things I learned was that you just have to stick with it, even when times are tough - even though it's a fantastic experience, it isn't always going to be plain sailing. There are times when you wonder why you're there and what the point of all your hard work is. The main point of going to university is to complete your degree: you just have to persevere and always have the end result in mind to motivate you. Results aren't going to come to you unless you're prepared both time and hard work into achieving them



No comments:

Post a Comment