Wednesday 20 July 2016

Lacking Purpose in Life - How to Find Your Purpose


                                  

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God has a plan for your life, plans to prosper you in whatever He has called you to do with your life. I believe that it wasn't a mistake that God said that He would give you hope because He knows that a person who just goes through life with no purpose for their life will lose hope; they will not see any reason for living. I believe God put that in the scripture to let you know to not give up hope for your life because He has called you to do something great with your life.

How to Discover Your Purpose?

1. Do what you love. What would you do for free if money wasn't an object? Whatever your answer is to this question you want to get started doing that thing. Before I realized that my calling was to help women, I used to always give advice to as many people as I could because I am so passionate about seeing a person's life change for the better. You have to figure out what it is that you can do for the rest of your life and get started doing that thing.

2. Seek out your purpose. In Matthew 7:7 it says that if you "seek you shall find; knock and the door will be opened to you". I'm a living witness to whatever you seek you will find. I did not know how I was going to help women or how I was going to start my own business but I figured it out. Every time that I seek out how to do something God places the answer right there in front of me to find it. If you continue to allow yourself to just sit and wait for your purpose to find you then you will be waiting for a very long time. You have to get up and seek out your purpose. As you take one step, God will take two. Before you even know it, God will start to open doors of opportunity for you. He will place the right people on your path to help you get to where you are going. But He can only do those things in your life if you get started now seeking your purpose.

3. Ask the creator. I can sit here and give you twenty tips on how to find your purpose but the truth of the matter is that I'm not the one who created you, God is. He created you for a reason, so you have to go back to your Creator and ask Him what the purpose for your life is. God is the only person who knows that because He was the one who created you for a specific purpose.

I believe that God has called each and every one of us for a specific purpose for our life. I believe in our purpose we are to do one thing, give God glory by living out our God-given purpose He has called us to do.



1 comment: